Think eating at night or after 6pm is not so good for you? Think again. It’s not the time of day that matters, it’s what you’re eating and how much. In fact, having a snack in the evening can provide some good-for-your-body benefits you probably didn’t know about.
Choosing a high protein snack in the evening can be beneficial. And choosing low-glycemic, fibrous carbs at night can help control blood sugar while keeping you more satisfied and less hungry the next day.
So it’s not necessarily eating at night that’s the culprit people are afraid of. Not sure what’s the best option? Read on to find out about 7 wholesome snacks that are OK to eat at night.
- Low-fat plain Greek style yogurt with sliced pears – Dairy proteins found in yogurt digest more slowly helping to fuel muscles throughout the night.
- Apple with 2 tablespoons peanut butter – “Good” fats from the peanut butter help keep you feeling fuller for longer while the sweetness from the apple is satisfying and delicious.
- Pure Protein S’mores Bar – 19 grams of protein and only 3g of sugar make this snack the perfect sweet-tooth-satisfier with just the right amount of good-for-you nutrients.
- Pure Protein Rich Chocolate Shake Hot Cocoa – Pour a ready to drink shake into a pan or glass mug and heat it stovetop or in the microwave with a dash of cinnamon and a teaspoon of chocolate hazelnut spread – enjoy! This late-night snack is calming with a boost of protein to fuel your muscles.
- PB and Banana Smoothie – 1 scoop vanilla Pure Protein whey protein powder + ½ frozen banana + 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter + milk or water; blend until smooth. This satisfying smoothie will surely fill you up! The combination of lean protein, carbs (from the banana) and “good” fats (from the peanut butter) provide your body with sustained fuel to help maintain a lean physique.
- Eggs and Whole Grain Toast – Breakfast doesn’t always have to be eaten in the morning. This snack is just the right amount of nutrition without making you feel like you ate a large meal.
- Protein Oats – Heat ½ cup dry oats with water or milk of choice in the microwave or on the stovetop until cooked to desired consistency. Mix in 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate Pure Protein whey protein powder and your favorite toppings like crushed nuts, peanut butter, cinnamon or raisins. This protein and carb packed quick-and-easy snack is the perfect late night munchie to satisfy your sweet tooth and your hunger.